So It Begins Again

                                           So a new blog /website..and you tube


I propose to revisit my experience on a project in which I did a drawing a day in my sketchbooks for a year (2011/ 2012.) These were a series of observational drawings in which I drew a picture on my travels for a year. These images were uploaded to a regular blog, and social media in which the public was able to engage and offer comments.
 
These images tried to capture movements from life, sketching has to be fast; detailed and color added later. Trying to be as unobtrusive as possible I have developed the art of anticipating peoples movements, gestures and engagement in the environment and with those around them.I look for images that catch my interest and imagination and record these, as images in sketchbooks, rather like a photograph album or diary. 

This time i would like to any drawings from a rough to a picture book ,to a idea of a drawing for a magazine to seeing something on my travels. i think these will be interesting to see and i have been very interested in seeing sketchbooks as i think they are the heart of the art of the mind of a artist.
I'm not certain when to began but i do plan to do a one year project , using my mac and iPhone to scan the work in as well as putting on my website and blog.

As to quote Susan Minot (novelist)
 
`When i look though my sketchbooks, they bring back moments that i otherwise have completely forgotten’


To see the new blog

HERE

Comments

Post a Comment