Day 2 (Working It All Out) !!!



So it's a rainfull Sunday here in the deeps of Suffolk (Uk in case you are wondering ) and onto day two of this one year project.
So as I said a bit about yesterday ,this is a one year project to get as many children's picture books written and drawn and hopefully (hint hint ) out in your hands.
As to me .I have been drawing as long as I remember in which I really can't remember a lot , but went to college to study graphic design (bc) (before computers ) before giving it up to work for the queen and post a lot of letters.I also did a fine art degree (BA(hons) and then did lots of jobs including being a grave digger ,and a proof reader.Then studied at Cambridge studying Children's book illustration (MA).
                                                    
I have also done exhibitions and a one year blog in which i did a drawing a day for a year and far too many things to write in here .
So where do I start ?.
First of all I have got my networked blogs working and will posting work on the social networks so you can see that on Twitter , LinkedIn , pinterest .instagram. and Facebook so it can all link in .
But I did read a article in the radio times by Julia Donaldson that said .
WRITE UNTIL YOU DROP 

"Concentrate, don’t let anything distract you and just write, write, write. It took Donaldson a fortnight to write Stick Man. Not bad for a book that has, so far, sold two million copies around the world. 
My work normally goes from making a character."
So that's what I do today. Not really certain on what idea to work on but I like the shadows one as its got no end or beginning .
See you all in day 3.

Comments